Chicken with vegetables
- 2 lbs. of chicken breasts.
- 3 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 20 asparagus sticks cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 yellow squash, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, in strips
- 300 gr of white mushrooms cut in quarters
- 2 white onions, cut in thin wedges.
- Soy sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Brown the chicken in a pan with a little oil
Add the onion and Bacon (don’t cook for long). Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce
Add the asparagus along with the red pepper, mushrooms, squash and chicken broth on top of the chicken.
Cook on low heat for 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Note: Ask your therapist if you are not sure if an ingredient is permitted or not in your customized food guide.